Well, as per usual, I had a very interesting weekend! Friday was awesome as I already wrote. I love spending time with my sister 🙂 Saturday was really nice, I cherish the time I get to spend being “normal” with my husband. We don’t live a very typical married life and I’m grateful for the unique life we live. That being said, there are small but intense pleasures to be found in making coffee in my kitchen and bringing Dan a cup , going grocery shopping together and even doing laundry. I then did a 6 hour stint of aerial work at Hard Rock again. I love the girls I work with! Unfortunately during my last set I had an accident with the Trapeze and the trapeze won, big time. I left early with a giant egg on my head. It was a little scary and I’ll be honest, I have a GIANT bump on my forehead into my eye. I feel like it looks awful but also I’ve just never seen a bump like that on my skull. WE didn’t go to sleep for a long time on Sunday morning, probably about 4am. I didn’t want to go to sleep right away but all was well. I woke up Sunday and taught a 12pm boxing class that went really well. All that to say, though I was all liquid Saturday, Saturday night I had some grapes and rice crackers so I could take Tylenol, though I didn’t end up doing that. Sunday my husband wanted to go out to breakfast together and I thought, maybe this isn’t the time for a Master Cleanse….again. I don’t know what it is, fasting is this thing. I’m going to have to do it eventually just so that I don’t have this aura of fear around going without food. But I’m starting to realise that it has probably got to be at a time when I’m not trying to lose weight. Who knows when that will be, I’ve been trying to lose weight since I was 9 years old. I want to give it up but I also want to feel comfortable in my own skin….and I just don’t.
So, long story short, I revised my plan. I want to be healthy AND I want to be happy. I’m tired of living for skinny and dieting all the time but I’m also tired of being bloated and feeling stuffed into my clothes at any given time. After all my research I’ve figured out a few things.
- I HAVE to take a probiotic and actively pursue fixing my ability to digest and eliminate
- a raw vegan diet seems to at least for a few years, heal people like me and help them lose weight without starving themselves or going on crazy cleanses
- if you tell me I can’t ever drink coffee again I will freak out
- yoga appeals to me more now than heavy workouts
So today starts day 1 of my raw food + yoga adventure. I’m going to see what happens when I do go raw (which I’ve never actually done. I’ve done high raw with cooked food dinners) and commit to yoga everyday. It doesn’t have to be long, it just has to happen. I’m giving myself these raw “cheats” to keep my food vegan but a “normal” ish life:
- coffee. I can have coffee (and tea), even with a little soy milk or hemp milk. Why? Because I won’t not drink it and then I’ll have failed so I’m just writing it in. It’s not a big deal and the social part of it (mostly with my husband) is to important to me. I may lose my desire for it naturally.
- nutritional yeast – one of the raw girls I follow eats this and claims it helps her stay raw. Im going to limit fat (read – avocados) and I will eat a large raw salad for dinner and feel satisfied if it has nooch on it
- wine. I’m not a big drinker and most of the time I’m a huge teetotaller. but I’m wanting to embrace ENJOYING life. Being relaxed, having a glass or two at dinner. I find when I drink cocktails or shots I’m trying to fit in and I HATE how I feel. But all my memories with wine (or champagne) are of me laughing and sharing and living. Plus wine is technically raw and if I pay attention i can drink vegan wine. so that’s that
I started the day with 35 minutes of yoga and a cup of green tea. I’m off to a good start! I’ll keep you posted. Next up I’m going for the bananas and we are going to a Memorial Day pool party here in vegas which is a first for us. We are so wild 😉